I’ve wanted a six pack for as long as I can remember, I won’t say it’s my main goal in life (increasing my booty size is number 1 #dreambig) but it’s ranked pretty high on my list of goals. How cool would it be to just whip off your shirt wherever, whenever and your abs would look like someone could do their laundry on them right then and there. Having abs year round would be the definition of awesome, no need to prepare for bathing suit weather when your body is permanently ready for it. However, a huge enthusiast of “if you have a body, then you have a bikini body” meaning that anyone can and should be able to wear a bikini, free of judgement. I have goals for myself and most of those goals are fitness related because that’s what I’m passionate about. I’m not quite sure what it takes to get abs because well, I’ve never had them but I’m excited to find out. My goal is to have visual ab definition by August and then maintain them through the winter months. I know the main component of maintaining abs is nutrition and I plan to eat the cleanest I’ve ever eaten.
Here’s my game plan to get abs:
- Cardio – I’ve mentioned my hate for it previously but cardio is effective in fat loss. I’m going to be adding cardio in 3x a week in the morning.
- Whole 30 – My next whole 30 starts Today, then after I’m finished I’m going to England for 10 days. I’m planning to stay on track with my goals while in England. When I get back from the land of royalty and corgi’s I’m going to do another full blown Whole 30 and then move towards food freedom, keeping to the whole 30 principles with a few exceptions.
- Crossfit- I’ve been absolutely loving Crossfit so far and I’m hoping to continue it at least 2x per week.
- Workout 5-6 days a week consistently – I’ve been consistent at the gym for a while now, but now I’m making it mandatory. The trickiest part for me has been making a program for myself the days I’m not at crossfit, I just don’t want to be too sore for the workouts there because well those workouts have been BRUTAL, good but brutal.
- Do more core – Some people avoid leg day, I avoid core day.
I’ll keep updating on whether or not my abs have come in. Also do you just wake up with abs one day or like how does that work? I guess I’ll find out.