This post is inspired by my recent road trip to Kingston. I’ve always wanted to tour Kingston Penitentiary (because prisons are cool, from an outsiders perspective), so my friends and I decided to drive down and live out our dreams #weloveprison. I highly recommend touring Kingston Pen to literally everyone, coolest experience ever.
Road trips can be hard to stay on track, but they don’t have to be. Planning is always the key to success and here are some of my best tips for a successful, goal crushing road trip:
- Pack a cooler – Road trips = snack extravaganza, pack yourself some fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, trail mix minus the M&M’s, protein bars. Pack stuff that’s easy to grab and snack on .
- Pack your workout clothes – A new place is perfect for running and exploring or working out in a park. You don’t have to spend hours working out, just dedicate 20-30 min to sweat.
- Stretch – Being crammed in a car for hours on end can wreak havoc on your mobility. Take quick stretch breaks at gas stations or pit stops along the way.
- Research restaurants – One of my favourite things to do is to look at restaurant menus, yes I know I’m weird. But if you research menu options it’ll be easier to make healthy choices.
- Have fun – I feel like a mom when I say this, but seriously just enjoy yourself. If you want to eat a burger than eat it, don’t stress about a few off track meals but maybe don’t let the whole road trip turn into a free for all.